Late again! Surprise! I was definitely going to write this yesterday…but when I got home, my laptop battery wasn’t charging and I spent a good hour or so messing with that. Yesterday was bill day, too! YAY! I might actually try to do this on Mondays from now on, just because I’m so busy on Fridays. We’ll see- I’m going to try to go with the flow. So without further ado, highlights from this past week:
- We put our Christmas tree up on Saturday! It was very small, very bare, and very sad but…
- My parents (somehow) got us a new tree, the one I love that’s just like theirs! They brought it over for us last night (it doesn’t quite fit in the Smart Car), and we replaced the old one.
- We put even more lights up around the house…I’ll try to make a post with them this week.
- My dad got Bullseye Ball out last Sunday and I’m still a champion.
- I got to watch another BEAUTIFUL sunset on Thursday. I have a specific spot I pull over at in the park every time I get the chance. I am really getting used to the area we’re living in.
- Our Darth Vaders are decorated and ready to be judged. Mine is winter Vader, Wyatt chose to make one that looks like David Bowie.
- I got my Christmas shopping started this weekend. I hope to have it done in the next two weeks.
- We finally got our storage in the basement organized. We have a bit more to go, but it’s a lot easier to get into and move around now.
- People keep sending me pictures of funny license plates and it makes me really happy.
- I got to sleep in on Saturday AND Sunday this weekend, which is really rare for me. Sleeping in is like… 8:00 now, but it’s still better than getting up at 6:00 am!
- We went to the museum last weekend and I got bubble tea from Lulu’s for the first time in FOREVER.
- We’ve been playing a lot of video games with my dad lately on our Wii!
I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday weekend. Spend time with your families (friends if you don’t have any family), eat well, and remember to be grateful for everything and everyone you have in your life. Not just this week, but every day. If you’re going Christmas shopping on Thursday (shame on you!) or Friday, PLEASE remember to be courteous to the workers – they are missing out on spending time with their loved ones so that you can shop for things you don’t really need.