I said I was going to do it, so here it is! My first post highlighting some of my favorite things from the past week. Maybe I’ll call it something like the Post O Positivity. That’s cheesy. Maybe not. I’ll think about it. Hopefully soon because I’m leaving for the night in 30 minutes.
Anyway, here’s some of the good things that happened this week!
- One of the girls at work brings doughnuts, bagels, and muffins in every week. I had a delicious cream-filled doughnut today. The sprinkles were Halloween colors!
- This morning I found out that the Tsum Tsum release for October is officially the Marvel set! YES!
- My parents came over last night and I actually won a round of Smash Bros. on Wii-U. Victory.
- Wyatt and I went for a walk in North Park on Tuesday. It was a good change to our normal fitness center/track walks. I got some pretty pictures of the lake around the time the sun was setting.
- The new Smart car came into our local Smart dealer earlier than expected. We’re going to try to test drive it this weekend when Wyatt gets done with work.
- Yesterday, we had a pizza day at work. The pizza was delicious, and I was able to save most of my lunch for today.
- I just got an email saying they’re selling 1lb containers of buffalo chicken dip at the food truck today. I somehow managed to resist.
- I made spaghetti and I didn’t burn the apartment down. Or burn myself.
- We got some new pots and pans courtesy of Safelite. Apparently, they think Wyatt is still there and let him choose a 5 year anniversary gift. Nerds.
- I handled all of my bad phone calls very well. Even though a lot of people were very rude this week, I dealt with it better than I usually do.
- Two people held the doors open for me on my way back to my desk. Gentlemen do still exist, they’re just hard to come by sometimes.
- Bath and Body Works candles are on sale 2 for $24 right now.
- My nails look pretty awesome. This is the longest they’ve ever been.
- My thumb isn’t scarred like I thought it was going to be from when I burned myself a few weeks ago.
- The first day of Fall was this week! Now if only the weather agreed with my calendar…
- The new Chvrches album came out today, so I’ll add that too since that’s what I’m jamming to currently.
I’m going to try to do one of these a week. I’m not going to set a schedule or a number of things I have to do each week, but I am going to try to post at least one set of positive things for each and every week. I encourage you to do something similar, because you can look back and say “wow, I actually had a pretty great week!” It would be a change of pace since we’re all so used to reading negativity on social media and in the news. I hope they can serve as a reminder that things aren’t always as bad as they seem, and we just need to look for the good in every day. Happy Friday!
*Edit: So for now, we’re going to call these posts Positive Picks…until I think of something I like better!